There are similar libraries offering possibilities for geometrical computations:
- JTS Topology Suite provides a complete, consistent, and robust Java implementation of fundamental 2D spatial algorithms. It is mainly used in the context of geographical information systems.
- CGAL (for Computational Geometry Algorithms Library), a collaborative effort to develop a robust, easy to use, and efficient C++ software library of geometric data structures and algorithms.
- Wykobi Comutational Geometry (formerly fastGeo), a C/C++ object-oriented computational geometry library.
Projects using JavaGeom
The library was used to developed two open-source projects using geometrical computations:
- Knotwork is an application to draw celtic or arabic knotworks. This software is actually at the origin of JavaGeom, as I felt a need for a convenient geometrical library when I was working on Knotwork.
- Euclide is an interactive dynamic geometry software. I use it actively to test features added in JavaGeom.